The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1956 Dodge Custom Sierra
Author: wagonfever (Show all albums)

I first saw this car in 1987 in southern Oregon. An elderly man pulled up next to me in a parking lot in it. We spoke for a moment, but it was pouring rain and we each went on our way and that was the end of that. I always regretted not getting his number. It was almost 20 years later when I spotted the nose of what appeared to be a 56 Royal poking out of an open garage door from behind storage boxes and lawn mowing equipment. I stopped to ask about it and when I got closer realized it was a wagon - oh boy! - and upon talking with the owner came to find out it was the very same car I saw all those years ago. The son had it now. He told me it was special ordered. Mom wanted a wagon and picked the paint colors. Dad wanted the D-500 package. Pretty decent condition and fairly complete, I plan to clean it up and drive it in the summers. Thanks to many FL members who educated me on what I was getting into before I made the big jump!
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First6 Photos - Page : [1]

The Custom Sierra should have the painted headlight rings from the Custom series. I will have to find those. Some Lancer hubcaps would look nice. Maybe some K-H wire wheels? Whitewalls are a must!

I'll need to find a source for headliner material. In the meantime, why not store the new shop lights in it?

The foil material and heat pleated vinyl interior indicate this is a Custom series Sierra.

Dodge used the 1955 wagon body again for 1956, adding bolt-on fins to help give them the newer look.

Complete with 50 years of dirt and dried oil, it looks like this engine compartment has not seen much wrench activity since leaving the factory.

Battery has seen better days and the brakes will need going through, but it cranks over and ran when parked.

Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First6 Photos - Page : [1]

Return to viewing all photo albums

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)