The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Black & White 1959 Coronet
Author: RoyalGate (Show all albums)

A few weeks after buying the Blue & White Custom Royal Lancer I remembered seeing this car on ebay and that I had printed and saved the information. It had been over a year earlier but I figured I didn't have anything to lose so I called the owner. He still had the car. It was more than I had planned on paying for a car but I figured It wouldn't hurt to go look at it. It was born and lived in Oklahoma and when I got there both me and a friend of mine crawled all over - under - and around this car and looked it over from bumper to bumper. I could tell the owner thought I was nuts but after the surprise I got with the Blue & White CRL I didn't want that to happen again. This car was as good as the Custom Royal Lancer was BAD. It had been repainted and new seat covers and carpet but there was NO RUSTED OUT PANELS at all. Just a 1/4 inch of Oklahoma clay and dust all over everything. When I got it home I realized that MONSTER MOAR weekend was the every next weekend, so my wife and I washed, waxed, and cleaned on the car all week. We took it to the Monster Mopar car show and won 2nd place in class the very first try. I told the wife, " Looks Like We Got A Keeper". The next year after a little more cleaning I won first place and place second in best of show. Basically all I've done is clean, ploish and touch up paint, but now I'm in the process of having some of the chrome pieces redone. They are all just polished to a dull finish and need to have the chrome put back on.
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First30 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3]

OUR FIRST CAR SHOW

LAST YEAR IN FENTON MISSOURI, AT THE STRATFORD INN, SITTING NEXT TO CLIVES NEWLY AQUIRED CHRYSLER.

tHE NEXT THREE OR FOUR PICTURES ARE IN THE BARN OF THE GUY I BOUGHT THE CAR FROM IN OKLAHOMA. MAN HE HAD A LOT OF CARS AND TRUCKS. THIS WAS ONLY ONE OF TWO BIG BARNS HE HAD FULL OF VEHICLES.

I ALMOST BOUGHT THAT '58 CORONET CONVERTIBLE, BUT HE WANTED WAY MORE MONEY THAN I COULD AFFORD. BUT IT REALLY WAS A NICE CAR.

You can see the red Oklahoma clay that was all over everything. I have spent months cleaning it all off, and I'm still not finished. The good side is that when I clean it off the frame the metal underneath is like brand new. not any rust at all, just clean and repaint.
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First30 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3]

Return to viewing all photo albums

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)