[GFS] 9/2001 Newsletter & Source Needed

Hi GFSers,

A reminder that our "go to press" deadline for the September Newsletter
will
be August 27 - this will give me time to sort out the "flow" for the
letter
while I am off to British Columbia over the Labor Day Weekend.  So
distribution will be a few days late.  Would like your brags, stories on
your car, want ad/classified, photos, etc.  We have more photos from the
Nats that will be included and the biggest item in this issue will be
information for Northern California's 11th Annual Chrysler Bay Area Fall
Classic.

Has been hot as heck here so have not done too much on my car; however at
local Mopar Car show here, a long conversation with an old Chrysler
dealership transmission mechanic, led me to the realization that I put my
Powerflite into the Torque converter WITHOUT a seal?/o-ring? on the front
oil pump drive sleeve.  I took it back apart and lo & behold there is an
almost 3/16" groove in this sleeve and I didn't have anything in it (why I
find it most scary putting things back together that I never took apart -
and the PSM isn't much help on this sleeve.)  Does anyone know what goes
into this groove and a source for it?  Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Jack Lewis

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!