Re: [GFS] Rocker panel drain holes

Glenn,

Here's what I found on my Fury:

One 3/4in hole, centerline located 6 3/4 inches back from the rocker panel
seam under the front of the door, and outboard 15/16th inch from the flange.

Four 1/2 inch holes with centerlines located 20 5/8, 34 3/4, 48 3/4, and 62
3/4 back from the seam, and outboard 7/8 inches from the flange.

Now here's the tricky part - on the 1/2 inch holes, the metal in front of the
holes is deflected down, presumably to avoid water from the wheels splashing
in.  The deflected metal is a little hard to describe, but I'll try.  Starting
1/2 inch ahead of the hole the metal is deformed downward in a straight line
until it is 3/16 inch below contour at the hole.  It's like a rod about 3/8th
inch was pressed against a die to make this shape.  It's also a little odd in
that the deflected shape doesn't really line up with the hole centerline.  It
meets the edge of the hole at the outboard side of the hole, but because its
a 3/8 inch "trough" it doesn't go inboard all the way to the inboard edge of
the hole.

The first hole, the 3/4 inch one, does not have this deflected metal, just a
simple drilled hole.

Glenn, I hope this helps.  I was going to try to get some photos, but I'd
really need some kind of a closeup lens (which I don't have) to get the detail.
If you can't follow this, I could make a sketch for you.

Art Linden

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used
http://us.click.yahoo.com/kEZsdA/bwnGAA/YiGOAA/BBiolB/TM