[GFS] Re: Fury Info

--- In goldenfin@xxxx, "Larry Stanley" <peerless@xxxx> wrote:
> Brian,
>
> Welcome to the wonderful of '50's American iron. The 1958 Fury was
probably
> one of the best looking cars of the '50's. I was also a bug freak.
I had a
> '67 sedan. '67 was my favorite of all of the bugs (the '56 came in
a close
> second).

Larry,

Oh yes, '67's are the best year ever for bugs!  And yes, I egree '56
is a close second..  you just gotta love the "oval" window!  As a
matter of fact, my current main driver car is a '67 Beetle I've had
for about 5 years now.  LOVE it.  I will however be putting it, and
all the '67-only parts I've hoarded over the years up on E-Bay
tonight.  A very bittersweet task. Oh well, hopefully the new Fury
and the new TDI Beetle I have coming will help alleviate the pain! I
will be keeping my '64 Westy though, so I will still have some air-
cooled boxers in the stable for when I'm feelin' onry!  (and until I
can build or locate a cool '50's style teardrop camping trailer for
the Fury, the Westy will remain my road-trip/camping vehicle of
choice).

I will definately look into getting one of those build certificates
you mention, and look more carefully at those specific areas of rust-
out, but I don't expect to find much I've missed.  The car has been
in storage since 1973 - and any rust on it now is just from sitting
in the Mizzery air!

thanks for all the help!

Brian

Thanks for all the Fury tips.  Much of the stuff I had already
specifically looked at (see my post from today).  This one is
definately the genuine article.. still has the original beige paint!

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Gi0tnD/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/BBiolB/TM