Re: [GFS] 56 Fury - Over Heating

Ed:

You are correct that the car 'slowly' overheats.  How would one go
about cleaning out the cooling passage from the block to the heads?
Do you have to pull the engine.

I had John Schultz from MN rebuild the engine about six years ago
and the car has ALWAYS over heated.  I have only put 1,600 miles on
the car in six years.

Jim House

--- In goldenfin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, eddee@... wrote:

> Jim
> I assume you have checked all of the 'normal' things and after
a 'period' of running time it 'slowly' overheats?????????

> Recently I rebuilt an orig FP31 block for my 57.  Although the
block was surprisingly orig (and apparently never torn down
previously) I had to believe it was not cooling properly.  The
reason: every cooling passage from the block to the heads was
plugged SOLID with crap!!! 50 years of glop !!!
> There was absolutely NO WAY this engine had any meaningful
circulation!!!

> Food for thought
> ED ECKERSON

Yahoo! Groups Links