Re: IML: Transmission woes on '90 Imp

Hi Tim

I wish my scanner worked, I've got the '90 Service
Manual.
Always check for fault codes with the DRBII before any
repairs

For the whining noise, it says to find the source of
the noise (transaxle or converter). If it's the
converter - replace it.
If it's the transaxle --- remove all 3 oil pans and
inspect for debris ...
No debris - Remove valve body, disassemble, clean and
inspect, reassemble, install, check operation and
pressures.
Debris -- remove transaxle and converter as an
assembly, disassemble, clean and inspect all parts,
clean valve body, install all new seals, rings, and
gaskets: replace worn or defective parts. Replace
converter.

Paul
'65 Purple Coupe