RE: IML: Eileen front end Update

>My father and I went the route ourselves back in 1967 on my mother's
'60 Imperial. It was very low miles but the >ozone in L.A. ruined the
car. It took us 11 weeks and over $600.00 (1967 dollars) in parts and
tools to do the >>>job ourselves. NEVER AGAIN.

I'm not complaining about it.  I have very much enjoyed the process and
learned a lot more about my car.  The joy of owning them to me is
working on them.  I've been through several cars that I got all fixed up
and then was bored with them so I sold them.  Eileen has actually been
around longer than any car I have ever owned and I think that is because
there are so damn many things wrong with her that I can't get bored  :-)

I have done a better cosmetic job than most shops would do.  I took all
the parts down to bare metal and repainted them.  No more greasey mess
under there.

Next project is the transmission.  I have three options
#1  Put in the unknown trans from the parts car and see what happens
#2  Have the trans rebuilt
#3  Rebuild the transmission myself.

I'm a little afraid of transmissions mostly because it is so dang much
trouble to take them out and put them back in if you make a mistake so I
am currently leaning toward having it rebuilt but only time will tell!

                      Steve B.