Re: IML: Wheel Bearing noise

The noise that I have heard from worn or damaged wheel bearings has been growling or moaning sound from the fronts, and a whooping sound from the backs. In both cases, there was not yet damage to the races. There were one or more damaged rollers. I have never heard a loud squeeking or screeching. Maybe I haven't let them become bad enough to make that sound. I have heard that noise from bad brake linings (metal to metal), and worn disc brake components.

Paul W.