IML: IMLers at Hillsborough Concours d'Elegance

IML: IMLers at Hillsborough Concours d'Elegance

I was overjoyed to see three IMLers entered in the Hillsborough Concours
yesterday.  Henry Hopkins was there in his '60 vert with Richard Palmer and
his '56 DeSoto Adventurer.  In addition, a car I hadn't seen before,
William O'Brien's (sp?) blue '57 sporting a fresh engine rebuild.  Forgive
me, William, if I didn't spell your name right, especially after you let me
have my photo taken sitting in your gorgeous car!

There may have been more IMLers that I didn't recognize, and it's a big
show with many classes.  So if you were there but showing something other
than an Imperial, please pipe up.

The classes that Henry, Richard and William were entered in are broad ones
-- post-1949 American open and post-1949 American closed.  That puts
Richard and Henry, for instance, in the same class as a 1949 Buick
Roadmaster woody wagon and a 1966 Olsmobile Toronado.  I have not seen the
class award results, and I wouldn't steal an owner's thunder by announcing
whether any of these three fine fellows took home a ribbon.  If you don't
already know, this is one of the premier concours events in the country --
just where our creme de la creme belongs.

I salute you, gentlemen, and solicit a hearty round of applause from the
entire list.

Hear, hear!

-- David