Re: IML: IMLers at Hillsborough Concours d'Elegance

Re: IML: IMLers at Hillsborough Concours d'Elegance

Well, thank you, David.  Richard Palmer was in the 49 to 60 closed with our
56 DeSoto Adventurer.  I was in the 49 to 60 open category.  My dusk mauve
60 cvt. was very popular with onlookers but not quite enough with the
judges.  A flawless, just done extremely rare Kaiser-Darrin(one of those
fiberglass roadsters) came in first, a 57 T-Bird came in second and a bright
red 55 Cadillac cvt came in third leaving the IMperial and a 58 Cadillac
cvt(a first place winner at Ironstone Concours last September) awardless.
Have to admit I was a bit sad. I mean, how could anyone pick some other car
when an Imperial is in the group?????  I was consoled that there were no 57
Chevys in the class as there usually is and they most always win.  Very
pleased to see that the upcoming Shriners' concours on June 12th has
separate categories for 55,6,7 Chevies and same for T-Birds.  Gives the rest
of us a bit better chance.

Pleased, though, that our Adventurer was awarded a second.  The perfect 49
Buick roadmaster Wagon got the first and it is a beauty.  Third went to a 57
Chevy Nomad.  During the judging, none of the lights worked on the car, yet
an award???   The beautiful 57 Imperial two door hdtp was passed on by the
judges, sigh.
The weather was beautiful, not what was forecast at all.

Lots and lots of Aston-Martins, the featured cars, must have been 15 or
more.

Must stop, getting non-Imperial, aren't I?

Henry Hopkins