IML: Please Welcome New Member, Rick Wilkinson (1961)

IML: Please Welcome New Member, Rick Wilkinson (1961)

New Subscriber(s): Rick Wilkinson
Email Address is: vargw@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Richmond, Virginia

Car(s) owned: 1961 Custon 4-door Southampton (currently white with blue interior)

Self-Introduction: I've always prefered Imperials over Lincolns and Cadillacs. When I was growing up,and the '61s came out, I thought they were a bit "extreme," but now that cars are so bland and generic, I love my 61. Its options include power windows, power seat, air conditioning, dual outside mirrors, and the Flitesweep rear deck (a favorite feature of mine).
I bought the car about three years ago in a small town about an hour away from where I live. It had been stored outside and was covered with dead leaves. However, I was able to drive it home.
I was very pleased to see these Imperials featured in the recent Collectible Automobile magazine.
Whenever I drive my Imperial, I always get lots of positive comments. people usually have to ask what it is, however. Mechanically, it is pretty sound and I'm slowly restoring it cosmetically.
I owned a 1968 Crown 4-door hardtop (gold with black vinyl top and black leather interior) for a number of years but sold it at auction (not enough garage space).
It's great to find other folks who also love Imperials. The web site will prove to be a great resource, I'm sure. I hope there will be some meets in the east that I can attend. I'll be at the A.A.C.A. Richmond region show on June 11 and plan to be at Carlyle, Pa. for the all Chryslers in July.