Re: IML: Tire Expiration Dates

Real simple answer:

Virgin rubber compound is still petroleum-based synthetic, just like there
is both virgin motor oil and recycled motor oil. Nothing in the term says
it's natural rubber.

In fact, if you click on some of the links on that same Ohio DNR website,
you'll find information such tidbits on rubber as:

"Automotive tires are made from synthetic rubber derived from petroleum, the
development of which was inspired by interest in improving on the
performance of natural rubber."

Hope this settles your mind!
--
Chris in LA