Re: IML: AT at stop: N or P, not D ?

The last year of the drive shaft brake was 1962. There were a bunch of Torqueflites built after that, and they are the ones with Park. The shop manual says NOT to idle the car for long periods in Park. I guess I may be mistaken about the reason why. Still, if the men who built the transmission say that, I will believe them.

Paul W.