RE: IML: 69 Imp Dead Electrical

> Another possibility is a failed ammeter, or a loose wire at
> the ammeter, or at the bulkhead disconnect.  That is just a
> matter of following wires and ensuring tight connections.

I think Michael hit the nail on the head here.  All the power for your car
runs through the ammeter and through the bulk head connectors.  When you get
a bad connection at either one of those places the cars start doing weird
things.  My '73 used to have this lovely habit of not starting and
backfiring when you released the key.  Seemed its favorite time to do this
was 4 in the morning when I needed to be at the airport by 6.  Turned out to
be a connection for the coil in that block at the firewall.  Look for melted
spots in the connector and clean all of the connections up.  The ammeter
connections are harder to see but worth checking.

                           Steve B.