RE: IML: How COOL is that?

Joe,

The car will always run hotter in city traffic than on the highway. Was it really hot/hotter than usual in that situation or just a little hotter than at speed on the highway?

I don't have much faith in my ability to determine that hoses look and feel good, so I usually just replace them.

You should generally run the cap specified although some people feel the lower pressure cap is easier on the radiator. You can get 16 lb caps anywhere, but I don't know where to get one that will look correct for a '61.

Does your car have a recovery bottle? If it doesn't the radiator can never be truly full It will always burp some coolant out when it expands at temperature, so adding a little isn't a big deal in that scenario. Otherwise, I'd wonder where it's going.

Pretty sure any clutch fan test procedure will be the same.

Good luck,
Rob