Re: IML: 69 Imp Dead Electrical

Would an ammeter pegging all the way to the "charge" side be the same sort of indicator?  That is, a short somewhere?

--
Joe
Allen, Texas

The amp meter going to full discharge is a good indication of a short. I would do a careful study of the wiring harness's to look for any damaged wires. The other area would be, as mentioned before, the voltage regulator & or alternator. Also the bulkhead connector is another good place to look. Your post sounded as though you were a bit P/O. The heat and frustration all rolled in one. Been there done that. Let the weather, the car, & you cool off a bit and you will find the trouble. Just take it one step at a time. Thats all part of the hobby. Good luck & keep us posted on your progress..

George