IML: Names Of Eras?

Hello All,
I guess that I am not following the latest threads. What is all the flap about the 67 - 68 Imperials? It seems to me that ALL IMPERIALS are special. Whatever the era, they represent the best effort on the part of the corporation to make a luxury statement.
I also thought that calling the 67 - 68 era Haze Green was odd. Not so much for the era itself, but rather for a personal note. My dad had what was without a doubt the ugliest Haze Green Imperial I have ever seen. It was not the abovementioned era, but rather a 71 LeBaron. It had a Haze Green body, Haze Green roof AND a Haze Green Interior. It looked like a giant dill pickle.
To really understand the proliferation of this color, one must go back to the times. Green WAS a fashion statement. Gold was the accent color. And, likely as not, Orange was an accent color!!! Strange as it my sound, houses, cars, clothes and even movie and TV sets were slathered with these colors. So, it was not out of the question for Chrysler to push this as a high fashion color on it's high end luxury cars.
As to people being offended by the statement, as long as I have been in the club, this is the way the 67 - 68 era has been portrayed.

                                                  Allan from Billings, Montana