Re: IML: License Plates in California

In California, they will not register black and yellow plates to any car unless that car (has)had them with proof that plate is(was) registered to said vehicle. In other words, if it doesn't have them now, you can't get them now. They will only do that to the 1962 and earlier plates. BUT, if you have an old registration showing that plate matching that vehicle id, then your in. I have a Rambler which wasn't registered for 25 years but I had an old registration renewal slip showing its plate(an "A" series black and yellow" ) showing the vin and plate so, they had to do it. They wanted me to take my plates off, but I told them no way, it isn't happening. I have all the proof you need to have my plate re-registered to my car. Hope this info helps anyone needing it.

Jason Beinbrech