Re: IML: Which year Imperial 4 door has the most leg room in the back?

Re: IML: Which year Imperial 4 door has the most leg room in the back?

Yes, you're right, Those year limos do have lots of room in the back.  Speaking of which, sorry we didn't get to see you along with Marshall from AIC Dallas when he was out here.  I know you were hoping to come along with him, but I guess that didn't work out.  Anyway, he spent the better part of the day and into the evening taking copious notes and tons of pictures of the '49 which he said he will send copies to us.  Maybe someday in the future you will find yourself in the San Diego area and can get out to visit.  Thanks for the information about AIC Dallas.

                                                                                                  Bob Wagner

Kenyon Wills <imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
1948-1966 Limousines have 4 doors and the most
leg-room in the back when the jump seats are stowed.
They also have fixed front seats, so that is not a
variable.

My 1960, 62, and 64 non-limo cars all have very
similar rear areas. 57-59 are related to 1960, which
is related to 1961-63.

My money would be on 57-66 being a good period, but
some of the older cars where you sit more upright may
have had even more than what they built into those
new-fangled, low-slung jobs.

69-73 Smooth-sided cars are down on legroom despite
longer overall length. Small greenhouse, I guess.

-Kenyon

--- louis colon wrote:

> Is it from 60 to 63 ?
>
> Thanks Luis
>

> Luis Colon
> 1968 Blue Convertable,1974 Chysler New Yorker.

> Yahoo! FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in
> one click.

Kenyon Wills