From: Jeff Cantor <jcantor791@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IML: Power Antenna Question
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 21:00:50 -0500

My '56 Sedan has a replacement fixed mast antenna that needs to be replaced and since it was originally a power unit, I'm planning on going that route. Here's my dilemma. I have access to an original power antenna from another '56 which may or may not be fully functional. Assuming it is, the seller has quoted me $300; if not, $150 (it hasn't been tested yet). My alternative is to spend about $30 buying a modern power antenna replacement that is claimed to universally fit nearly any old car however it is only a 31" unit whereas the originals were 39" or more (better for AM reception).

Any thoughts as to which route to take? Do the prices for the original sound reasonable?

Thanks,

Jeff
'56 Sedan
Trenton, NJ