Re: IML: Painting Your Imperial

I know my '65 Coupe could use a new coat of Mauve Metallic (661) but there are other things more important at the time.

As for Maaco, sure it won't cost much for the paint job but ... that doesn't include all the prep that's needed -- any body work, etc. ***I used to work with a guy that had his truck done at Maaco and you could see the outline of the bumper sticker that they painted over.

GeoNort@xxxxxxx wrote:
Eric,
I had my 64 Crown done by Miracle Auto Painting in Stockton CA. I was very pleased wit job. I would suggest you visit the different shops and look at a finished product. They should have a couple in various stages of finish to so you can see the process. If they won't let you see that then I would move on. I also agree that going to black you would be very unhappy. shops like Miracle & Maaco do so much painting they are pretty good at it. I had a bad experience  I had a bad Experience with Earl Scheib  awhile back, so I wouldn't personally recommend them, According to the Sacramento Phoinr book you have 5 Maaco's and 5 Miracle's to choose from. Good luck & keep us updated

George
64 Crown
64 LeBaron

Yahoo! Personals