IML: Condensator and vacuum menbram???

Hi!!!
I own a 1963 convertible and i need some advice...
I removed the speedometer today to get access to the powerpack which is fried...
Behind one of the nuts that keep the clock in place, there was a small condensator with a black cable, the condensator was not connected to anything....
Does anyone know what this is for???
I cant find any place to connect it to, my guess is that its for the radio but im not sure...
I also wonder how to remove the vacuum membran that is connected to the parking brake release???
It looks like its welded in place, do i need to remove the whole parking brake unit or is it possible to just remove the vacuum unit???
Thanks
Jannelu
Sweden