Imperial Shows; was Re: IML: Long Island, NY - Local Car Show

Imperial Shows; was Re: IML: Long Island, NY - Local Car Show

Joy <jecny75@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I was reading everyone's posts about Imperials not being in local car shows. Can anyone tell me if there are shows on Long Island that have some? For what I have seen is some classics, mostly muscle and pimped out whips! Please help, I have a hole in my heart!
Sounds like Y'all need to buy a plane ticket and run, don't walk, to the nearest airport!!!  Head South, my friend, head SOUTH!

We are fortunate to have three shows here in the South each year with a preponderance of Imperials.  In the spring and fall, there's the Packard & Imperial Meet at Anniston, Alabama, and in early summer, there's the Chattanooga Chrysler & Imperial Meet.

These shows always serve up an excellent selection of Imperials from many years--we typically see everything from as early as the 1930s (such as this '35 Imperial Airflow at the most recent Chattanooga Meet: http://www.imperialclub.com/Events/Chattanooga06/DSC00332.JPG) to the 1980s (such as this pair of '81 Imperials from this past spring's Anniston Meet: http://www.imperialclub.com/Events/AnnistonSpring06/DSC00235.JPG).

No matter what years or eras you enjoy, there's always something to like at these meets.  And on top of the great cars, you'll have the chance to meet and talk to some genuinely nice and *knowledgeable* folks who share your Imperial enthusiasm.

At each show, there are folks who drive or fly long distances to get there!

The next Anniston Meet is coming up in September: http://www.imperialclub.com/Events/AnnistonFall06/index.htm

Sounds like you'd better call Delta right now!  We'll be delighted to see you, and you won't even need a passport.  ;o)

Elijah

Imperial Power Window Switch Repair

Find Repair & Shop Manuals, Parts Books, History & More at The Imperial Bookshelf!

  My Collection of Imperials

1965 Imperial LeBaron
  1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan
  1970 Imperial LeBaron