IML: Northern Hibernation and Always Retaining My Low Mileage Discount

IML: Northern Hibernation and Always Retaining My Low Mileage Discount

Imperialists,

    Now that I've posed with Turq up and down Old Route One here in northern New England for pictures with gawking tourists (they absolutely LOVE it when the picture is THEM behind the wheel as I get a BIGGER kick out of that) and drooling luster's on this glorious N.E. day, my time on the street however is drawing to a close.  Although I will drive fairly consistently for the next few months, November 1st is Turq's unofficial climb into the cover of the den.

    That being said, I was wondering what fellow Imperialists due in the case of five month semi-storage?  I do start her like clockwork every other week and allow her to run to full operating temperature, but weather does not usually permit even a "milk ride" as salt is a way of winter life here and in the cold you just cannot rinse it all off when you do dare to venture out anyway.  Under those conditions, are there any special considerations I should be factoring in during her "down" time now in order to facilitate her breakout in spring, or is running her periodically and just rolling her back and forth in the den enough?

Respectfully,

ybshore

1956 Imperial Sedan
1955 New Yorker Deluxe Sedan