RE: IML: Oils

I was in Kragen looking for oil for a model T once.
The car almost broke my arm and I sold it, and that
isn't the point, anyway.  Mine came without a manual,
and there is no equivalent reference source such as
what we've built at the club website, so I was
wondering what the heck I should pour in there.

Strangely enough, the Kragen-ites didn't have any clue
as to what one would put in a T motor (straight 30 wt.
was the answer I eventually found).  One of them asked
what a model T is, so that's where we went on my
in-store experience that day....

Flipping the Texaco and Chevron bottles over in my
hand at the rear of the store revealed an 800 number
for questions.  The people on the other end actually
enjoyed researching and thinking about my questions.

They didn't know what a T takes on the spot, but did
research and called me back, which was very
satisfying.

Perhaps one of those companies employs a CSR person
that has additional thinking to share on this.
Somebody's gotta be employed there  that would know
about this sort of thing...  Anyone up for calling
Standard, Unocal, or Texaco or whoever and asking?

-K

Kenyon Wills