IML: Interior rust

We've had a LOT of rain this summer - literally, for a solid month it rained nearly all day every day.  Even when it quit being continuous, we've had repeated rain storms move through so barely two days go by without any.  It's finally been clear this week but still everything is wet.

I was cleaning the interior on my Custom last night and noticed a lot of surface rust and pitting showing up on chrome pieces I'd polished in May.  Even the rear view mirror arm is showing rust and I had that rechromed.

I've had the windows down and a tarp over the greenhouse for the past three weeks to try to keep the car aired out but the carpet is still wet in places.

Does anyone else have a similar problem when it's so humid?  I never had such an issue with my '62 and it was a daily driver.

All new weatherstripping is at the top of my repair list for next year, I'd think that would take care of the problem.....I just need to get it dried out!

Donn Reese
1960 Custom 4dr HDTP