Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2006 12:23 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Imperial fuel consumption

Having been in college when liquor was changed from quarts to liters, I
can attest to the numbers below.  hic!

Henry

Brad, are you sure you were not testing alcohol capacities and
measurements when you claimed 30 mpg for your 360 V8?  How good are you
at math?

Brad Hogg wrote:
I believe 1 US Gallon is equal to 3.785 litres.

1 Imperial gallon is ever so slightly over 4.5 litres at 4.546 litres

This means a US quart is smaller than a litre and an Imperial quart is larger than a litre.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Zubkowski" <bzubkow@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2006 10:31 AM

The British gallon is 4.5 liters the American gallon is 4 liters. I do have a conversion chart that was produced here by the Canadian Government and is very easy to use. If someone would like a copy of this I can scan it in and send to the club. Also remember that it is hard to get the proper size tires
which were larger so I thin the odometer reading may be off.
Zub