Re: IML: EMBROIDERY IMPERIAL CAR MATS???

Re: IML: EMBROIDERY IMPERIAL CAR MATS???

Hey gang,
My '63 has (I'm told by the original owner) its original front floor mats in them. I went out tonight to look and it's marked "Chrysler Parts" on the passenger side. It's a semi-clear (now yellowed) style that is a single piece going up-and-over the center hump with a shield design on the center piece.

It'd look great with bound carpeted mats like a lot of new cars. But, that old one looks "correct". If anyone wants pictures, I can snap a few.

Mark Evans
1963 Imperial Crown Convertible
http://www.imperialclub.org/~maevans/MyImperial/index.html
1968 Dodge Polara 500 Convertible
http://www.imperialclub.org/~maevans/MyPolara/index.html

Isenhour wrote:

I tried last month to find a set for my ’62 LeBARON. I thought I found a source in the JCWhitney catalog but after an order they canceled saying they could not do them to fit a car that old. They would put “LeBARON” on there but “IMPERIAL” had one too many letters. I remember years ago at the AutoFair in Charlotte, NC there was a booth/vendor that would custom make your carpet logo floor mats but went last week to it and they were not to be found.

I’m pretty sure in saying that in ’62 and older there were only rubber style mats and I recall the Imperial front mats were the one piece type that went straight across and over the middle hump. I don’t’ recall they were actual Chrysler mats but remember them being a more generic mat the dealer carried.

Did they make an official factory custom made to fit rubber mats for Imperials that far back?

And any source out there for even a rubber mat that fits would be nice. Carpet Logo mats would be ideal!