Re: IML: Anybody have a '64-'66 Owners manual?

Re: IML: Anybody have a '64-'66 Owners manual?

I live in a warm climate, so I have always followed
the factory recommendation for straight 30W oil for my
mid-60's Mopars.

But time and technology march on.  A 10w-30 synthetic
oil would be very beneficial to an engine in excellent
condition or one recently rebuilt.  It would likely
keep it that way longer.  I have used synthetic oil
with great success in an LT1-engined Roadmaster wagon
that now has 200K miles on it.  Still whisper quiet
like new and doesn't consume a drop of oil.  Inside of
the engine is so clean and sludge-free, the oil is
still honey colored until about 2000 miles.

So you pay your money (about 300% more for synthetic)
and make your choice.  If your Imperial is used in any
kind of stressful conditions - high heat, lots of
stop-and-go traffic, short trips, you might consider
the synthetic.  If only used for long Sunday drives,
regular 30W or 10W-30 should be fine.

Chris H.