Re: IML: crankshaft pulley repair

Maybe you have special moving marks in the Netherlands, but we do not have them in the US.

You would need one of the special moving marks, since as the loosened ring moves, the mark would have to move on the ring to be correct.

Unlike a broken watch, the fixed mark on the damper would not even be right twice a day.

Henry

Rob van der Es wrote:
Why is it such a problem then if the outter ring has slipped?
I mean, you only have to find TDC of the #1 cyl and make a new mark on the
ring???

Or do I miss something here?

Thanks,

Robert