IML: HP Manifolds do not fit Imperial

The HP exhaust manifolds mentioned here previously do
not fit the 1972 Imperial, and are unlikely to fit
other years.  I held them up to my 1960 and 64 as well
prior to making this deduction.

They are center-dump on both sides, and Imperial is
the only(?) Chrysler product that has a rear-dump on
the DS Exhaust manifold.

The rear-dump is present to route the exhaust behind
the steering box, which would cause a conflict if one
tried to install the HP exhaust manifolds as far as I
can tell.

The good news is that I'm not out the money being
charged for new ones because I scavenged and found a
pair for the "right price" in a buddy's parts stash.

Has anyone installed these into an Imperial, or was
this shortcut one that was presumed to work because
it's a path to take on other Chrysler products?

When I shopped for performace exhaust, I was
repeatedly told that there is no header available for
our cars.

The location of the steering box explains why.  I'm
too frugal to try to have a set custom made, and
suspect that the brake booster and steering gear would
make that a supremely challenging task with unknown
consequences regarding the heat that headers throw
off.

The other path considered was ebay item  150046616576
, stainless hugger headers, but the flange would
likely strike the steering box or be too close for
comfort based on what I saw in the HP manifolds.  I'm
too cheap to spend $120 to find out.

Back to stock manifolds now.

Kenyon Wills