Re: IML: HP Manifolds do not fit Imperial

Re: IML: HP Manifolds do not fit Imperial

Center dump HP exhaust manifolds on the Left bank of the R and RB engines could be either from a truck, or RV....they used something like that on the "A" body 440 and 383 to clear the steering box....every set I have had was rear exit. Unless it is a right bank manifold which will exit on the middle.......the left bank manifold in the 70's had provisions for the carb preheater to be bolted to it. I know my 77 New Yorker with a 440 was that way as was the 71 440 I put in my 67 Charger.