Re: IML: OIL

And what additive would that be?? Camshaft lobe failure is usually a result of: Improper lubrication at start-up, as in a new, or rebuilt engine, excessive valve spring pressures, as in hi-lift, hi-po applications,loss of oil supply, as in low oil level, or oil pump failure,prolonged engine idle, as in police-emergency vehicles. And of course, a soft cam lobe, or lifter.Don't forget a lifter MUST rotate to distribute lifter and cam lobe  wear.Stop the lifter, and GOOD-BY camshaft. Also note: Most OHC engines run the cam lobe directly on the valve stem-lifter, No roller.Thanks, Ya'll have a nice day . Dave.

From: brian parks <bparks427@xxxxxxxxx>
                                                         Hi everyone it has come to my attention
that modern day oils have removed a additive and its wiping out the cam shaft lobes
due to the high pressure area, it is said that most newer vehicles have roller
applications ie: lifters and over head cams does any one have any feed back
on this i live in maryland and auto zone brand oil,s do have listing on them
for older and newer car production i have a 64 crown coupe and i drive dailey
also in maryland now all our gasolines are 10% alc I use exxon mobile
mainly because its company C card and it pings on 93 octane, I did fill with
sheets a off brand gas and it ran great more pep and less pinging though its
soposed to be the same, sonoco was selling 94 octane here till last year
but its still in pennslyvania, thanks