From: Newportnavaho@xxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 7:11 PM
Subject: IML: Brake Adjustment

Imperialists:
  I am replacing the brakes on my 54 Custom Sedan. In reading the FSM and a circa Motor's manual I see that a tool referred to as MT-19 H or a Brake Anchor Tool is needed to make "major" adjustments.
Do any of you 50's veterans know if use of this tool is required?
I doubt one could even be rented anywhere. Is there an alternate way to obtain proper shoe/drum adjustment?
I have opted to replace the lining due to the prolonged period the car has not been driven. I am not sure of how long, but am guessing longer than ten years. I don't know if the lining on the car would still be any good. All of the fluid in the lines had dried up to a battery corrosion like substance. I am planning on reconditioning the present master and wheel cylinders.
I have gotten the engine to run, it was a bit of work; but it seems to run very nicely. Now I would like to get the car to stop.
I welcome any advise, and know being a member; that there is a wealth of knowledge here. Please advise.
Thanks
Joe Amos