Re: IML: Brake Adjustment

I'm looking for the arm pads for the driver side door of my '63 Imperial plus the electric motor for the power window.
On Thursday, October 26, 2006, at 10:36  PM, kevin adams wrote:

Hello Listers , I am in eed of parts ans info. I have
a 62 crown imperial. I need door panels. Sometime ago
I ran across a guy via the list who had 50 imperials
in california. I think It was Patterson, California If
any one has a set of panels for 62 or 63 4dr Imperial
of any color as long as they are servicable, non
rotted, I am interested in buying. Does anyone know of
the guy selling out his imperial farm in california?
Kevin Adams 801 3097998 8017322328

--- Joe Amos <Newportnavaho@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Imperialists:
    I am replacing the brakes on my 54 Custom Sedan.
 In reading the FSM
and a circa Motor's manual I see that a tool
referred to as MT-19 H or a
Brake Anchor Tool is needed to make "major"
adjustments.
Do any of you 50's veterans know if use of this tool
is required?
I doubt one could even be rented anywhere.  Is there
an alternate way to
obtain proper shoe/drum adjustment?
I have opted to replace the lining due to the
prolonged period the car
has not been driven.  I am not sure of how long, but
am guessing longer
than ten years. I don't know if the lining on the
car would still be any
good. All of the fluid in the lines had dried up to
a battery corrosion
like substance. I am planning on reconditioning the
present master and
wheel cylinders.
I have gotten the engine to run, it was a bit of
work; but it seems to
run very nicely.  Now I would like to get the car to
stop.
I welcome any advise, and know being a member; that
there is a wealth of
knowledge here.  Please advise.
Thanks
Joe Amos

response will be
shared with everyone. Private messages (and
attachments) for the
Administrators should be sent to
webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To UN-SUBSCRIBE, go to