Re: IML: Carter AFB-64 LeBaron

Hello,I am enjoying all the discussion on carburetors.
Would anyone like to chime in on the Carter
Thermoquads? I have one on my '73. As I recall back
when I had my first 73 Imperial, my Father rebuilt the
Thermoquad on it. I remember we had lots of problems
getting the choke to adjust properly. Sometimes the
car would not start because the choke was to lean,
then after a tiny adjustment it was belching black
smoke. Once warmed up it ran perfectly. So far I have
not any problems on my current Imperial.

What are the weak points on these (other than the
plastic body warping) and common problems/fixes?

Tim Durrer
'73 Blue Sky