Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 9:35 PM
Subject: IML: '65 engine possibilities

I have a 65 with the 413, which I understand was the last year for that
engine (a friend with a '66 has a 440) Since my engine has a cracked block
AND an internal problem, I am thinking that my best option is to replace the original engine instead of trying to rebuild. I am first looking for a 413,
but am wondering if a 440 would be an easy swap? Seems like 440's are
everywhere. Surely someone on this list has tried to do this. Is it a good
idea, or should I just wait till the right 413 comes along? Since I plan to
tow a 5000# Airstream travel trailer (1960) I need to have a strong and
reliable drive train.

Scott Scheuermann
1965 Imperial 4 door hardtop