Re: IML: 1968 Rheostat for Dashboard Lights

Re: IML: 1968 Rheostat for Dashboard Lights

Chris and all:

Thanks, I'll check the archives. I appreciate the explanation re the thumbwheel switch working as two separate switches. FYI my radio plays but doesn't light up at all. Illuminated window switches? Didn't know they were illuminated at all. Mine sure don't, and never have since I've owned the car. I did indeed check the fuse, but thanks for the reminder because it's sometimes very easy to overlook the obvious. I will also change all the little bulbs once I have the instrument panel out. When I had the FSM out I recall that it said that there was one bulb that was accessible without pulling the instrument panel ( forget which one they said ) and I changed that bulb and it still didn't work, so looks like everything is pointing toward the rheostat. I'm sorry to come off so dense but automotive electrical systems are far from my strong point.

Thanks again.
Tom '68 Crown Convert and '60 NYer Coupe