Re: IML: Anniversary Edition ('74 Crown Coupe), was "Welcome Joe Albanes

Re: IML: Anniversary Edition ('74 Crown Coupe), was "Welcome Joe Albanese"

Thanks, Elijah. I guess I never knew the Crown Coupe was commemorative of anything. Pity they didn't bother to put any badges or something on it, perhaps like those "Golden Anniversary" logos in the steering-wheel hubs of the 1964 Dodges.

Just FYI, the link with "www" does not seem to work, but <http://imperialclub.com/Yr/1974/crowncoupe/> does.

However, I don't see any photo of a two-door Imperial at all in the 1974 Chrysler-Plymouth brochure, nor in the actual Imperial brochure we have online, and no mention anywhere of this late-year package (I wonder if there was a later printing of the brochure with this added, or am I missing something?). Hard to imagine they would only manage to sell 57 of anything unless the "engineering" of the roof treatment (which is about as non-engineered as one can get, making a hardtop coupe look pillared) unexpectedly delayed the Crown Coupe package until the anniversary year was almost gone. Also funny that they chose Golden Fawn as the sole color for 1974 to commemorate a "silver" anniversary. Lost opportunity... so often it's what makes a car rare and special!

Chris in LA
67 Crown
78 NYB Salon (a limited edition that only came in silver, four years too late, and again no badges)