IML: '81 White walls

Ah, now that i look over some pictures, it seems that most people have the same size white walls that I do, they look to be about 1.5 inches. However, on two other cars i've looked at, they've got bigger ones. These are two examples: The last '83 Imperial and, Chuck Ariens '81

I think the larger walls look far nicer, what are those? 2 or 3 inch? Looks real sharp!

According to the factory brochures, I think the car is supposed to have the larger white walls. I'm guessing that when people replaced the tires they opted for the less expensive, smaller white wall's?