Re: IML: 81 trans burn smell

Well,

I think i may have caught my trans before any serious issues. I've done a google search about having a burn smell, and brown looking trans fluid. It may just appear that way because it's old, and maybe the burnt fluid is recent because of the leak and it being low, thus causing increased temperature etc.

Hopefully it's OK mechanically. Like i said, i haven't heard any noises out of the trans, so i'll just have the pan removed, new gasket & filter etc, and fresh fluid put in.

I've seen different trans fluid pans online that are larger and deeper, and hold more fluid. Apparently, having that will allow you to hold more fluid, and it's supposed to keep everything running cooler. Is this a good idea? I'm considering getting one.