RE: IML: Doing a trans tune up by myself

RE: IML: Doing a trans tune up by myself

When I read your subject I was expecting a trans rebuild. I've been wanting to do mine, but I'm a little scared. Changing the filter is messy, but not a big deal. I've done that on the street in Brooklyn. Get a big catch basin and funnel to pour the fluid in the dipstick tube. I'm with Kenyon, jack stands over ramps any day and you can't drive the car onto 4 ramps. Two would probably get it high enough, but not level.

I wouldn't bother with the flush. If you are concerned about the fluid or it looks burned I'd just change it again at a really short interval. Pretty sure the 998s didn't have TC drain plugs. Don't go for a chrome pan. They are way more likely to leak. The MP pan, 500 pan or aftermarket deep pan will allow a little more fluid and provide a drain plug to make the job easier, but you need to extend the pick up so the job is a little more. I've never used gasket sealer, just a little wheel bearing grease to hold the gasket in place. That's the way I was taught.

Rob

Stay up-to-date with your friends through the Windows Live Spaces friends list. http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mk