IML: Admin Comment - Rules Reminder

SHORT LIST OF DO'S:

1. Everything here is Imperial focused... keep it so. (If you feel
it is not, take it to the Salon. )
2. CHANGE your subject line, probably every time you post!
3. Trim your posts, and use plain text.
4. Respect other people and their cars!
5. Diversity is our strength - this is a worldwide, multicultural
club!

SHORT LIST OF DON'TS:

1. No Personal Attacks, No Politics, No Religion, No Bashing.
2. Post no graphics or other large files to the entire list.
3. No short, one-line responses like "Cool!" or "That's right!"
4. No personal replies to the whole list - send those to the
person concerned.

OUR LIST OF GOOD THINGS:

- Chat about Imperials of all years and 1976-78 Chrysler New
Yorker Broughams.. (Other topics to the Salon) Send
Imperial-related questions, stories, advice, or friendly feedback.
Keep it pleasant, and you'll get all of the goodies you need.

- Always be aware that you are on a planet-wide mailing-list, with
members on every continent except Antarctica (we're working on
it). The folks on the list don't have any idea where you live
unless you mention it, so please tell us WHERE your car is for sale.

- Learn how to use your computer's e-mail software, specifically
how to change the Subject line so that it matches the actual
contents, how to ONLY include quoted text that continues the
discussion (instead of every word that has ever been posted on a
topic), and for goodness' sake, learn how to copy and paste text!

OUR LIST OF BAD THINGS:

- Messages that are NOT about Imperials of all years and 1976-78
Chrysler New Yorker Broughams. If it's not about a car that is in
one of those categories, PLEASE don't send it to the Imperial
Mailing List. Really. No long, drawn-out comparisons between Dodge
Polaras and Monacos - There are OTHER mailing-lists and the Salon
for such discussions, and we get enough e-mail traffic already.

- Angry messages. They bother a very large, friendly and kindly
group of folks. This can include personal attacks, profanity,
sexual references, stereotyping, or other offensive speech. If
it's not something you could read out loud to your sweetest
relative, don't send it, because we really don't want it. There
are IML members who are gay, or fundamentalists (of all kinds),
every race, sex, age and opinion, and none of it matters. We're
Imperialists. Figure out how the Internet works, and get used to
diversity.

- Attached files. Imagine sending some big, honking picture file
to a gazillion folks, 99% of whom don't want it or need it - It's
a GREAT way to piss off a bunch of potential friends. If you MUST
send in an addition to the website or something, follow the
instructions at the bottom of every message. If it's not
Imperial-oriented, you're just wasting your time.

- Do not post urban legends, virus warnings, jokes, scams and
other crapola. If you feel you need to start a message with 'This
is non-MoPar, but..,' then it doesn't belong.

- Private or repetitive email, posted to the whole mailing-list.
Nasty stuff! Some of us get WAAAY too much e-mail already, and we
CERTAINLY don't want to read a message saying nothing but "Count
me in!" or "Way to go!" or "Hey, Bob - I'll buy it!" Send it to
the single person involved, and give the rest of us a break.

- Requests to be unsubscribed... DUH!  The instructions on
unsubscribing are included in every message.  PLEASE USE THEM and
don't send a post to the list to unsubscribe. You will be tortured
by many and feel like a fool.