Re: IML: '73 Lebaron - factory installed wrong air door for AutoTemp II

Re: IML: '73 Lebaron - factory installed wrong air door for AutoTemp II - need correct part

Hi Jim,

I also have a '73 LeBaron that I am in the middle of
repairing various things on. One of which is the Auto
Temp II. I have ordered a replacement servo from
Performance Analysis in Oakridge TN. They are
expensive, but well worth the cost. If yours still has
the old plastic design unit under the hood it will
eventually crack and leak coolant (If it is not
already cracked). When I got my car the previous owner
had bypassed the unit for this reason.

As to your switch issue I am a little confused. You
said you remember a bundle of vacuum lines that seemed
to go nowhere. Were they capped off by any chance? It
would seem to me you would hear a distinctive hiss
coming from under the dash the last time you drove the
car if they were not. Are you sure the actuator itself
does not have the bracket the switch is mounted to? It
could be they just installed the wrong actuator and
said the heck with switch when it would not bolt up.
I don't have a parts book to verify the difference on
ATC versus non ATC parts. Is the actuator connected by
any chance?

My car is currently at my Dad's in a different part of
the state having some engine work done to it. I should
be able to pick it up in a couple of weeks and I will
check mine to see how it is set up. I currently have
the glove box out, so I should be able to see the
switch and how it mounts easily. I will let you know
what I find out. Where did you get your switch from? I
may need one myself!

Tim Durrer
73 LeBaron Blue Sky