IML: 1964 Imperial Lebaron Limousine, the Kennedy's vs. 1965 Lincoln :

IML: 1964 Imperial Lebaron Limousine, the Kennedy's vs. 1965 Lincoln : TOWN BROUGHAM PROTOTYPE CONCEPT FORMAL LIMO

Hi Gang,

As a car person in general, I can appreciate the car in question.  As an Imperial lover bar none, I have a couple of comments on
this car and the other two shown as concepts.

1. I especially like the articles comment about the reason the car was originally built: ?Allegedly the design was originally drawn
up in 1961 and offered to the White House as a formal limousine to be used by Jacqueline Kennedy and was immediately turned down.?
This was most assuredly due to the fact that the Kennedy?s and especially Jackie, preferred and were very loyal to Imperials.  This
is further evidenced by the fact that for President Johnson?s inauguration, Johnson pulled out the fleet of limos the White House
had.  Mrs. Kennedy however was presented with a brand new Imperial Ghia limousine.  You can see how this car looked in formation
with the other limos in the procession.  The video of this is on the website.  Here is the link:
http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1964/SteveFoster/LBJ-big.mpg

2. Chrysler was not just taking cars and chopping them, but was creating whole new breeds of Luxury as exampled by the concept
Duisenberg:  http://www.imperialclub.com/Articles/66Duesy/index.htm

3. In the Lincoln concept car photos it shows two other cars, which to me, immediately reminded me of 1.  BMW C-6 coupe and the
Comet looks rather like a Plymouth Valiant, don?t you think?

Just my two, well 3 cents worth, I guess.

Hope all are well, and having happy holidays!

Bill

Wm. R. Ulman
Seattle, WA
'68 Imperial Crown 4dr. Hardtop (Miss Lucille Ball) - WA State Vanity Plates: FIT4AQN
twolaneblacktop@xxxxxxxxxxx