Re: IML: 1964 Imperial Lebaron Limousine, the Kennedy's vs. 1965 Lincol

Re: IML: 1964 Imperial Lebaron Limousine, the Kennedy's vs. 1965 Lincoln : T...

I think the switch over to Cadillacs may have been post Reagan era.

The 1978 Lincoln Limo that Reagan used is on exhibit at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, MI.

Part of the Kennedy / Lincoln connection was probably due to the fact that Kennedy's Secretary of Defense, Robert McNamara, had been president of the Ford Motor Company.

It is interesting to me that for President Kennedy's own inagaural parade, he rode in the early 50's Lincoln Presidential Limo, not the newer, mid-50's Cadillac Presidential Limo.