Re: IML: 1964 Imperial Lebaron Limousine, the Kennedy's vs. 1965 Lincol

Re: IML: 1964 Imperial Lebaron Limousine, the Kennedy's vs. 1965 Lincoln : T...

It was during the Reagan era. Cadillac delivered its new presidential limo
to Reagan in 1983, though the 1970 Lincoln (dressed in 1974 and later 1978
trim) was used starting with Nixon and remained in service into George HW
Bush¹s term in office.

There are several presidential limos on display at the Henry Ford Museum,
one of many reasons to pay a visit if you¹re ever near Detroit! The museum
says that this Lincoln is the last presidential limousine that will be
preserved. All presidential cars are now destroyed by the Secret Service for
security reasons.

So if Chrysler ever builds that Imperial concept into a presidential car,
we'll only get to see it on tv and the Web.

Happy New Year,
Chris in LA