Re: IML: just bought a 78 New yorker 2 door!

Re: IML: just bought a 78 New yorker 2 door!

Just bought another Chrysler New Yorker!!!...This ones a 1978 2 door Crown Coupe!..The guy spent over $8,000 on it 5 years ago!!...Body and paint redone, vinyl roof redone (although they did a crap job because there is rust already under the vinyl at the edge of the sunroof)..The interior completely redone! all the seats brand new!!..problem is he went bankrupt at that point and never put the chrome back on the car nor the door windows back in and just parked it in a field in 2002. He covered the seats with a blanket but they got wet anyway so there are a few dirty spots and discolored spots but other than that they still look brand new!!!...The tires barely have 1000miles on them with chrome rallye wheels, the bumpers were re-chromed...The floors and frame are absolutely mint and all greased up underneath and super solid from the inside except for some rust from standing water on the drivers side...!...Brand new brakes and brand new shocks apparently..The motor is a 400 but I didn't try starting it yet. Supposedely it ran extremely well when parked.....I bought the thing for the seats and the wheels and the trunk lid to put on my 1975 Imperial...but it almost seems like such a shame to scrap the rest of the car as it's so solid...So I don't know, I removed the seats and brought the rest to storage, so I'll figure out a plan for it next spring....Maybe a "Rat Rod" New yorker with a diesel in it???...I've already got a 69 Olds Vista Cruiser Wagon that I stuffed a 6.2L diesel into and it's great! ...gets 35MPG)

Also got a brand new blue carpet set still in the box (he says he paid $800 at the time) which I can't use as mine is black, so if anyone needs a light blue carpet set let me know, I'll let it go way cheaper!..otherwise I might just dye it black and replace mine even though mines still pretty good!

Anyone see the Black 78 Chrysler New Yorker on Ebay right now with the Nascar style black rims??...That's exactly the style I was looking for to do my 75 Imperial...but maybe now I'll keep my Imperial stock and "pimp out" this New Yorker I just bought...who knows!