Re: IML: Exner's 64 Imperial

What you are seeing in the photo are the aborted plans
the 1962 Chrysler Corporation line. In the center is
the S-Series DeSoto, a version of which apparently
inspired the other proposed 1962 big MoPars.

The time frame for these prototypes is confusing.
Chrysler Corporation was having management troubles.
Exner was leaving. Exactly who designed what and for
whom isn't always clear. I hope somebody who was at
Chrysler then will read this and chime in.

Fortunately, Chrysler's last minute plans for 1962
turned out some good looking cars, the 1962 Imperial
being the best of the lot, in my opinion.

Notice that the caption for this photo dates it as
Feburary, 1960.

Dave Duricy

http://www.imperialclub.com/Articles/82SIA/Page04-reg.jpg